Thursday, August 12, 2010

Slow Down!

What is the point to life? You know, I believe that sometimes we get in such a hurry and we get caught up in the busyness of day to day life that we forget what it is we are doing it for. We forget the point.
You know, 2 days ago I was down the street and I was crossing the road at a crossing, but I started a meter off the crossing, but by half-way I was completely on the crossing. Now there was this car coming, and I could see they didn’t want to stop, but I kept walking, and by this time I’m completely on the crossing, and you know what, just as I was walking off the crossing they blew their horn at me. And just as he did that I turned and looked to see this guy staring at me, by this time he was speeding over the crossing, but you could see the hatred that had built up with in him through his eyes. Then you know what he did, he flipped me off. And you know, I don’t know what satisfaction or revenge he felt he got from that action, but it got me wondering about how we can get so caught up in every day life, that we lose sight of what is important. Our priorities become all over the place and we become confused, and even the simplest smallest things can tick us off.
You know, I’m not that guy. I don’t know his situation or circumstance. But I don’t understand how waiting an extra 3 seconds at a crossing is so important to become angry about. Sometimes in life we can become so focused on what we are doing and what is important to us that we forget that there are other people around. And you know, what is the point to that. I believe that life is about relationships. Well, first our relationship with God, then our relationship with others. Its like the good Samaritan story. The 2 people were so focused on what they were doing they couldn’t find the time to help the guy that was beaten up. Sometimes in life we need to slow down, like the Samaritan, and see what is important in life. Because you can achieve all that you want in life, but it is your relationship with God, and others that counts in the end.
Make sure that you don’t get caught up in the busyness and hurry in life that you forget what the point to it all is.

It even goes with the things of God.
Prov 19:2 says ‘It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way.’

No comments:

Post a Comment